Dry air’s tough to live with. It affects our skin, lungs, voice, and sense of wellness. Have you ever woken up and felt like the skin on your face was so tight it could crack right then and there – us too. For moments like these, plug in your humidifier and fix yourself up.
A cool mist humidifier is the perfect dry skin remedy, especially in winter when the air is naturally frostier. A humidifier works by emitting water into the air through vapors. This increase humidity levels and moisture, which sinks into your skin ever so gently.
Before buying a humidifier though, what do you need to know – as it turns out, a little bit more than maybe you thought. It’s not enough to know the benefits of a humidifier while sleeping. Buying a humidifier, here are some things you’ve got to consider.
- Do I already have a humidity problem – if you have too much humidity, this can also be a bad thing. It can cause bacteria and mold to grow, and will cause anything wood to rot in time.
- Do you want a cool mist or a warm mist – there are differences in temperature that some find important. In the summer, a cool mist can be more enjoyable. In winter, a warm mist comforts. Regardless of what you choose, keep in mind a humidifier isn’t going to initiate a noticeable temperature difference.
- Do you want a humidifier for a single room or your entire household – the best humidifier is not necessarily a full home one. You can save electricity using a single room humidifier and/or one that you can place in an open concept area.
- Do you live in a very dry climate – thankfully in Canada, we are surrounded with a lot of moisture almost year-round. Households in very dry climates are recommended to use whole-house humidifiers but they’re not needed year-round in our country. This doesn’t mean you can’t have one. It is to say though that you don’t need one.
- A cool mist humidifier is considered more energy-efficient and eco-friendly. This type of humidifier does not boil the water to create steam as a warm mist model does. Instead, it vaporizes it. This means no burn risk, no fire hazard, and usually uses some of the most advanced technologies in humidifiers there is.
- Do you have children or pets – if you do, we strongly suggest a cool mist humidifier. Flammable materials exist in warm mist humidifiers. If it gets knocked over or you place a humidifier near upholstered surfaces, carpet, or furniture, this creates a major fire risk.
Are you looking for a humidifier in Canada – get yours from Lierre.ca today. Increase humidity levels in your home within minutes. It will feel so much better!