So many massage table sheets exist. Trying to discover which one best suits your needs can be difficult, if you aren’t familiar with the materials or the differences between them. Every fabric ultimately has a certain feel. Some are great materials for a massage table while others are lacking.
In this guide, we look at some of the best sheets for massage therapy made from eco-friendly materials.
Type Of Massage Table Sheets
Have a look at the fiber of the material, as a starting point for your massage table sheets.
- Premium cotton sheets are made from extra-long staple fibers and is also sometimes referred to as ‘Egyptian Cotton’. It’s durable, the softest sheet you can buy, and easy to get stains out from. Premium cotton is ideal for a massage table.
- Regular cotton is not as expensive as premium cotton and is also quite durable. Cotton will always be easy to clean but the downside is that it will not last as long as blended or synthetic cotton.
- Microfiber is made of synthetic cotton. Microfiber sheets are very affordable, soft, won’t shrink in the dryer, and offers major savings on cost. The only difficulty you will get with microfiber is that it needs a pre-treatment for stains.
- A poly/cotton blend is made up of cotton and synthetic cotton. It is inexpensive and wrinkle-resistant although is difficult to remove stains from and is certainly not as comfortable on the skin when compared with premium or regular cotton.
Considering the points made, you will also want to look at the sateen weave. A sateen fabric utilizes up to 4 yarns to achieve a smooth, silky feel. This can be ideal for massage therapy clients you’re looking to impress.
There are also disposable sheets that do not require washing. They are hygienic and best for massages with thick massage oils that are likely to leave oil stains or residue buildup.
How To Choose
How to choose a sheet for your massage table comes down to the type of massage experience you offer. Premium cotton is preferred by many massage therapists but it can be an expensive material. There are also considerations such as thread count, feel, and if they stain. If you’re traveling to offer massage therapy, you may prefer to buy disposable sheets that can be tossed after you are done rather than lugging around oil-stained sheets waiting for a wash. Here are some possibilities.
- Comfort Deluxe Fleece Cover Set from Lierre designed to be soft, warm, durable, and comfortable.
- Jersey Fitted Massage Table Cover made of 100% jersey cotton and tightly woven for comfort.
- Cotton Flannel Sheet Set 3pcs come in a range of colors and meet all the needs of a massage sheet.
Shop high-quality massage sheets like these and others in all sorts of colours, sizes, and materials at Lierre.ca. Do not miss our professional acupuncture needles, acupuncture supplies, and acupuncture accessories in Canada!